DID YOU GET THIS NOTICE ABOUT YOUR FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT?
On March 1, 2016, the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) awarded the Federal Flexible Spending Account Program (FSAFEDS) contract to WageWorks, Inc. Effective Thursday, September 1, 2016, the FSAFEDS program will transition administration from ADP to WageWorks. The current phone number, fax number, and website (www.FSAFEDS.com) will continue to be used, once WageWorks assumes administration of FSAFEDS.
There will, however, be a blackout period, as part of the transition of contractors, when certain services are not accessible or available.
Below are the blackout dates for specific FSAFEDS services:
·The claims submission blackout period begins on Saturday, July 30, 2016 and ends Thursday, September 1, 2016. This means that no claims can be submitted during this period.
· Participants must submit any eligible claims electronically by 4:00 p.m. eastern time on Friday, July 29, 2016. If submitted by mail, then claims must be postmarked by Wednesday, July 20, 2016, to be processed prior to the start of the blackout period.
· All approved claims submitted by these deadlines will be paid by Monday, August 8, 2016.
· Any eligible claims that are not submitted prior to these deadlines – and claims for any expenses you incur during the blackout period – can be submitted beginning Thursday, September 1, 2016.
· Paperless reimbursement claims will be suspended on Friday, July 29, 2016 as well, and processing of these claims will resume on Thursday, September 8, 2016.
Website & Phone Line
· The website and phone line will transition between Friday, August 26, 2016 and Thursday, September 1, 2016.
· The website, for general research, will not be available between Friday, August 26, 2016 and Thursday, September 1, 2016.
· During the phone line transition from Friday, August 26, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. eastern time to Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. eastern time, employees will not be able to reach a representative and will receive a prerecorded message.
· Participants also cannot access their online accounts during the transition period of 5:00 p.m. eastern time on Friday, August 26, 2016 to 9:00 a.m. eastern time on Thursday, September 1, 2016.
· The same fax number will be used by WageWorks; however, the fax number should not be used during the transition period of Saturday, July 30, 2016 to Thursday, September 1, 2016.
Plan-year dates, election amount, and available balance will remain the same.
Participants will receive additional information and/or reminders over the next few months from FSAFEDS.
FSAFEDS will also communicate if any of the above dates will change.
Questions regarding FSAFEDS, including this transition, can be directed to FSAFEDS at (877) 372-3337 orFSAFEDS@ADP.com.